Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

I absolutely love this time of year. The lights, the parties, family time, Christmas cards(which I didn't get my act together and do this year:), the music, and especially the opportunity to reflect on the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Every year for Christmas Eve the whole Shepard family meets for Breakfast and then heads off to Knotts to see Santa. It is so much fun and we love looking back on all the years of Santa pics. We then head over to my parents house to have a big Christmas Eve dinner, spend the night and then Christmas Day we head back to the Shepard's and have another incredible meal. Amanda and Stanton were here this year, which made Christmas morning even more exciting.

Breakfast at the Pancake House



Papa Bruce and Steele(do we wonder where his beautiful blue eyes come from)

Right after we spread magic reindeer dust over grandma's lawn and started getting ready for bed, we heard a ton of commotion downstairs. We were so surprised when we went downstairs and saw Santa there. He said he was just checking to see which children were there and he would be back to leave presents when they were asleep. Chloe was so excited! She could barely fall asleep after that.
This year Chloe asked Santa for a wallet with twenty dollars in it. I don't know where she came up with this, but you got to love her!



A few weeks before Christmas we went down to see Santa come on the train by our house. It was so cute and the kids loved it.

2 comments:

  1. I get to be the first to leave a commment. Love it!! I'm so glad you got a picture with the surprise Santa- for some reason none of mine came out.

    I went and got a gmail account. As soon as I figure out the bells and whistles I'll start using it to keep on on who's blogging! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited I can't even handle it--Shepard Stories is so cute----it will be so fun to have you part of us "bloggers" --Love you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete